Assistant Director - Admissions
Independently perform admissions activities including participating in the selection of candidates, creating admissions reports and analyzing data in accordance with university and departmental policies.
The Assistant Director works with a team of admissions professionals to recruit and enroll a dynamic class of J.D. students. Primary responsibility for deferral coordination; joint degree coordination; and admissions cycle planning, strategic planning, and program administration related to the Junior Deferral Program.
As Assistant Director, J.D. Admissions you will:
- Serve as primary strategic and operational lead for the Junior Deferral Program.
- Manage operations related to students on deferral, serving as relationship manager with deferred students.
- Coordinate on joint degree programs with partner offices at the Law School as well as Harvard University Admissions Offices.
- Plan and implement strategic goals for the Admissions Office across marketing, selecting, and yielding the most promising J.D. talent in the U.S. and globally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Core Duties
- Recruit, evaluate, and make recommendations on the selection of candidates for admission
- Counsel and advise prospective students regarding application process, degree programs and other inquiries; lead information and recruitment sessions
- Plan and manage and execute, domestic and international applicants; develop marketing strategies to attract applicants
- Develop presentations designed to promote the institution and attract potential students
- Assist in planning and implementing recruitment strategy to attract applicants
- Develop and analyze admissions reports and statistics; provide reports to management to assist with setting the strategic direction of the admissions function
- Develop relationships with university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents, alumni and secondary school staff
- Represent university as the spokesperson at high level admissions events and/or functions
- Ensure compliance with university admissions policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations with respect to students’ rights to privacy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience
We are looking for people with:
- Sound judgment and discretion with highly confidential data
- Strong writing and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and manage program/projects
- Experience with Technolutions Slate helpful
- Periodic night and weekend work at various points in the admissions cycle is expected
- Significant travel required in fall months
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.