We are looking for a candidate with advanced and internationally oriented scientific experience, proven by achievements in research at the highest international standards, to join our group. The candidate will develop a research programme at the forefront in the field of renewable energy.
Candidates should be entrepreneurial team players with research expertise relevant to geothermal energy production, smart grid power systems, environmental and/or social dimensions of energy, social-ecological energy systems, energy harvesting and storage, energy policy and economics, or related fields. The candidates must meet a strong research profile and should have expertise in developing and applying theories, concepts and methods in the aforementioned fields.
The candidate will establish and lead an innovative and vibrant research environment and supervise M.Sc. as well as PhD students. It is part of the assignment of the appointed candidate to develop, within the domain of energy and environment, an international, competitive research programme, to pursue excellent scientific results at an international level and to support and promote national and international research partnerships. In addition, the candidate is expected to have a multidisciplinary attitude and a willingness to cooperate intensively with other researchers and research units at the NEWC.
The candidate has a Ph.D. in engineering, with at least seven years of experience, with a focus in energy systems, renewable energy, sustainable energy, geothermal energy, energy harvesting and storage, environmental and/or social dimensions of energy, social-ecological energy systems, energy policy and economics, or closely related fields.
The candidate has a proven strong interest in collaborative research at the frontier between energy and other related fields such as environmental sciences, water resources management, etc. Possible interactions with some of the existing research domains in the group are strongly encouraged. The candidate has affinity with cutting-edge energy modelling/simulation, fieldwork and/or laboratory analyses and proven experience with at least two of these methods. Substantial international research experience is expected.
- This is a full time, one-year, position that can be extended upon satisfactory job performance and achievements of the individuals
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at UAEU; successful candidates will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing equity and inclusion
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including previous employment records, Researcher ID and/or ORCID
- A cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Statement of vision outlining the applicant's goals and philosophy in developing an integrated research including future research plans
- A complete list of publications including the H-index
The application should be addressed and sent to Prof. Mohsen Sherif (email@example.com) as a single pdf file.
The position title and number must be mentioned in the subject line and indicated in the cover letter.
The successful candidate will have expertise and profound knowledge of several of the following areas:
- Ability to identify and conduct innovative research and display intellectual leadership in the energy related fields.
- Strong experience in renewable energy systems such as energy harvesting and storage systems, solar power generation, geothermal power generation, and hybrid power systems.
- Advanced knowledge of energy systems sustainability, energy conversion systems, technologies and measures for energy efficiency, and energy management technologies.
- Excellence in designing and conducting research studies related to discovering new, and improving existing, clean energy technologies and renewable energy sources.
- Ability to analyze energy needs and plan renewable, cost-effective solutions for projects of different sizes
- Experience in conducting in-depth engineering technology assessments of energy-efficient and renewable energy technologies and practices over a broad range of complex energy-systems including organic waste management, electricity demand response, and water-energy system studies, etc.
- Documented ability to acquire competitive research funding from national and/or international agencies and submit effective research project proposals for this purpose.
- Proven publication track record in prominent/leading international top journals.
Division National Water Center
Department National Water Center
Job Close Date 31-12-2020
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary Salary is commensurate with experience