The Web Developer/Programmer has a key role in providing expertise and day-to-day support in Digital Education within a large multi-site Faculty. The post holder will be responsible for the design and development of blended learning and teaching resources (as appropriate) and VLE (Moodle) routine support to facilitate the delivery of the Faculty’s education objectives, including staff support, guidance and training. A high level of technical development expertise and coding ability is required.
The post is part of the Faculty’s Education Services team, providing high quality support for the Faculty’s education provision.
The post holder will lead on the technical development of web-based solutions to support the Faculty’s aim to deliver online practical and training. In addition, the post holder will be expected to contribute to staff training and support, and provide VLE first line support as advised and provide guidance to both academic and professional services staff, including programme administrators and module leads.
The post holder needs to be strong technically and excellent at identifying areas of innovation, working closely with a wide range of stakeholders and able to work to multiple deadlines across competing priorities.
- Plan, schedule, develop and deliver online learning activities (including online simulations, interactive virtual workshops) supporting the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine.
- Design, develop, maintain and evaluate Digital Education solutions which meet the needs of staff and students and promote the Faculty and King’s Learning strategies, using a variety of tools and platforms
- Embed creative and effective approaches in the use of digital technologies and advise on pedagogic practices and curriculum design for supporting a range of delivery modes
- Act as VLE first line support as advised, and providing guidance to both academic and professional services staff, including programme administrators
- Plan, test and integrate developed simulations and online solutions into the current learning environment (Moodle)
- Develop learning content as advised to support business as usual programme delivery.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.