6 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a database administrator to join the NHS CHECK research team. This post is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in data management who wants to further their database skills in a research environment.
The NHS CHECK study is a multi-site cohort study exploring the psychological impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on staff working at selected NHS Trusts. The study is a large survey-based study which includes a baseline survey with follow ups at month 4, 8 and 12.
NHS CHECK is a collaborative effort led by a research team at King’s College London and King’s Health Partners supported by expert clinicians, frontline staff and researchers across different NHS Trusts and Universities, and the NIHR Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre.
The successful applicant will work in an integrated, cross site multidisciplinary team responsible for: coordinating and further developing the project databases to faciliate the analysis of study participant data for the research team; facilitating automated mail outs to participants; building surveys using Qualtrics survey software; ensuring adequate checks on data quality; data cleaning and data preparation for analyses; organising the safe storage of data in a manner making it accessible to participating organisations; and arrange the appropriate supply of data when requested. Furthermore, you will ensure that the collection and storage of data are compliant with best practice and the requirements of the Health Research Authority, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and other regulatory bodies.
You will be employed by the Department of Psychological Medicine, King’s College London where the post will be based and you will report to the NHS CHECK Project Manager and Chief Investigator.
This is a fixed-term, full-time position for 12 months.
- Developing the project database to facilitate analysis of data collected
- Preparation, processing, cleaning, loading and checking of study data
- Facilitating automated mailouts to study participants
- Building surveys using Qualtrics Survey Software
- Monitoring the validity and reliability of data at all times, highlighting issues for further investigation or to support decision making
- Making data accessible to participating sites in line with regulations
- Arranging appropriate supply of data when requested
- Working independently to produce updates/progress reports to the team and stakeholders as requested
- Participating in group research meeting meetings
- Any other duties as may be deemed reasonable by the Chief Investigator.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Degree in information technology or a related subject (or equivalent quallifications/experience)
- Experience in project database management (Microsoft Access Database)
- Experience of working with clinical research data
- Experience in design and set-up of data files (STATA)
- Knowledge of principles of electronic database design and management
- Experienced in use of electronic survey tools e.g. Qualtrics
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Familiar with principles of questionnaire design
- Familiar with use of statistical packages e.g. Stata
Rupa Bhundia, firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.