Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Ningbo, China
Closing Date: 9 October 2020
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is inviting applications for an Executive Director of Marketing and Communications.
Reporting to the Provost, the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications will play a critical role in developing, implementing and executing the University marketing and communications strategy to ensure it aligns with UNNC’s overall vision, strategy, and core principles and values.
You will be tasked with the following responsibilities (but not be limited to):
- Develop a marketing and communications strategy that builds the University’s reputation in consultation with relevant stakeholders, and to devise, implement and evaluate the strategies and plans for their successful attainment.
- Provide leadership to the communications, recruitment and marketing teams at UNNC and manage a creative, effective, agile, data-informed organisation that delivers field and digital marketing campaigns both domestically and internationally.
- Collaborate closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all communications leverage the University’s brand in order to maximize impact and appeal, and to ensure successful student recruitment.
- Lead crisis/emergency communications preparation and response, present reports to relevant stakeholders and external partners.
- To be responsible for overseeing that the marketing, recruitment and communications agenda is compliant with legal, regulatory and audit requirements, ensure best practice is established across the institution, and identify the need for change and development of policies and procedures as well as implement such changes.
UNNC is seeking an exceptional leader. You will be a qualified marketing professional with demonstrated strategic operational leadership and will be comfortable working and delivering across cultures to multiple stakeholders. You will have an attention to detail and the ability to articulate and advocate the University’s positions both internally and externally while working globally in collaboration with the University of Nottingham’s central Marketing and Communications team.
With a bachelor’s degree qualifications or equivalent, you will have a solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods and approaches, with evidence of innovation, creativity and resourcefulness in marketing/strategic communications. Fluent in both Mandarin and English, you will need to be an effective communicator at all levels in the organization and possess strong leadership and people management skills.
We are looking for someone with extensive senior management experience in communications and marketing. You should also have demonstrable experience of using digital tools and techniques for marketing and recruitment campaigns, experience of planning, implementing and measuring marketing/communications/PR strategies and programmes (preferably in HE) to support strategic objectives and a proven and successful record in building brand awareness and portray a deep understanding of marketing principles.
We believe that diverse teams deliver the highest quality teaching, research and student experience. To achieve our University vision, we are seeking applications from talented individuals whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our existing team.
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 8,000 in 16 years.
The University of Nottingham is a pioneering institution that provides an exceptional education and an outstanding student experience. We deliver world-leading research that transforms lives, and we are consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities (QS). We pioneer a global education, with campuses in Asia and the UK.
We offer excellent opportunities for our dedicated staff, as we work towards our shared vision and goals. Continual investment in a world-class estate delivers award-winning campuses, buildings and facilities which are unrivalled in providing inspiring places and spaces for our staff and students to work, research, teach and study.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
This position will be offered a five-year fixed-term contract initially and can be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement. We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. You will have access to a range of benefits and rewards, including employment support allowance for accommodation rental and home flight, insurances, schooling support, relocation and repatriation support, and paid annual leave.
For this appointment process we have partnered with the executive search firm WittKieffer, who will guide and support you through the process. Please contact Evan Yeckley at email@example.com or Natalie Derry at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.