Admission Counselor for International and Internal Relations
The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks an Admission Counselor who, under the supervision of the Senior Assistant Dean/Deputy Director of Admission for International and Internal Relations, will administer, implement university and/or interpret department admission policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities include:
- Reading, evaluating and making first level recommendations on undergraduate applications.
- Responding to inquiries and providing accurate and timely information regarding application policies, procedures in accordance with Stanford University’s established messaging.
- Conducting informational sessions for internal and external communications (e.g., prospective applicants, their parents and high school guidance counselors).
- Managing assigned geographic territory(ies).
- Cultivating relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Coordinating onsite logistics for admission events.
- May assist in the administration of a specific project and/or program.
- May assist in mentoring other staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
In addition, requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good reading comprehension skills.
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to learn admission processes and programs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with any disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 7511
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 87143