Research Associate, Geotechnical Engineering
The Centre for Urban Solutions at School of Civil and Environmental Engineering invites applications for our Research Associate position.
The Research Associate will be expected to work effectively in a new project “Ecocement for Protection of Coastline and Enhancement of Marine Ecosystem” related to geotechnical engineering or applications of microbial technologies in civil engineering.
- Perform independent and collaborative research to meet the project objectives
- Seek funding for new research directions such as new methods or materials for coastal protections
- Publish high-quality journal papers to promote the international reputation of the Center and the University
- Master Degree in geotechnical engineering or equivalent from a recognised university
- Research experience on biocement or applications of microbial technologies, geotechnical or coastal engineering
- Strong expertise in geotechnical engineering or microbial technologies
- Have good knowledge in both geotechnical engineering and microbiology
- Able to work independently and assist junior researchers
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Working or research experience of at least 2 years is desirable
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.