Research Fellow, Civil/Electrical Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering invites applications for the position as Research Fellow.
- Work on a multi-disciplinary project to understand the concrete deterioration and spalling behaviour (including corrosion aspects of rebar)
- Work closely with material scientists in developing solutions to mitigate the deterioration (at different levels – laboratory, test-bedding and actual sites)
- Develop corrosion diagnosis system for testing reinforced concrete, measuring corrosion rate, etc.
- Model corrosion initiation and propagation in heterogeneous material using finite element software
- Experimentally demonstrate corrosion initiation and propagation in the lab and onsite
- Write project reports and scientific research papers for publication, present research outcomes in relevant meetings/conferences
- PhD in civil/electrical engineering or equivalent
- Experience in developing special concrete, including fibre reinforced concrete (ECC, SHCC), low permeability concrete
- Experience in physical/chemical/thermal characterisation of the concrete materials, understand its spalling behaviour
- Experience in using NDT method to measure gas permeability of concrete
- Familiar with characterising techniques (e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, DSC, TMA, FTIR) and experienced with using the equipment with concrete samples
- Ability to use image analysing software to analyse cracks on photographs (on concrete)
- Proficiency in basic programming languages such as Matlab, Abaqus or ImageJ
- Proficiency in English
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU