Research Fellow, Towards On-Chip Topological Quantum Devices
1 day left
- Full Time
The School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences is seeking a highly motivated Research Fellow to lead experimental efforts on low-temperature electrical magneto-transport of topological device architectures, harnessing the interplay of topology, superconductivity and magnetism. The researcher will be actively involved and, in the fabrication, and testing of the devices.
Qualities we are seeking for are creativity and high impact accomplishments in low temperature experimental condensed matter physics. Facilities for the growth of heterostructures, ex-situ device nanofabrication, transport and local probe spectroscopies (both in the millikelvin regime and in high magnetic fields) have been developed to support the experimental work of the Research Fellow and other researchers in the Program.
The Research Fellow will be employed and stationed at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. The hire is part of the recently awarded research grant by the National Research Foundation, Competitive Research Program “Towards On-Chip Topological Quantum Devices” (PI B. Weber, co-PI K.E. Goh and co-PI C. Panagopoulos).
- Lead and conduct research on low-temperature electrical magneto-transport measurements
- Assist the fabrication, and testing of the devices
- Ph.D. degree in experimental condensed matter physics
- Demonstrated track record of research achievements in superconductivity and/or spintronics
- Demonstrated ability to publish high-tier research publications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including scientific writing)
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Track record in electrical transport at millikelvin temperatures, cryogenics handling and UHV
- Experience with running and maintaining dilution refrigerators and superconducting magnets
- Experience with 2D and van-der-Waals materials is desirable
- Interested applicants should send their details which include CV, list of publications and contact information for three professional references (Attention: Prof. Christos Panagopoulos) via Workday.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU