Full-Time / Part-Time: Temporary
Review undergraduate applications to Princeton University.
Complete the preliminary review of the academic record of freshman and transfer applicants seeking admission to the University, in preparation for the files to be read by admission officers. Apply knowledge of varying high school systems, grades and transcripts.
Interpret and apply institutional policies and goals.
Reviewers are expected to work 30 hours per week, as needed, during the months of December, January, February and March.
Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in secondary or higher education.
- Experience with a high school transcript or knowledge of various high school systems is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Careful attention to detail is paramount.
- Well-developed computer skills and the demonstrated ability to adapt to new software programs are crucial.
- Willingness to be part of a team and ability to work independently are essential.
- Must have the ability to exercise discerning and sound judgment while working collegially in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion are highly valued.
- Confidentiality is required.
Participation in comprehensive virtual training sessions in autumn is mandatory. In addition, there will be a mandatory one-hour virtual meetings every 1-2 weeks throughout the period of employment.
A secure, password-protected, high-speed internet connection that meets our Office of Information Technology expectations is required.
Given the highly sensitive nature of our admission process, we cannot consider:
- parents, guardians or immediate family members of a high school junior or senior who will be applying to college in the near future, regardless of whether he/she plans to apply to Princeton;
- employees or volunteers for any other undergraduate institution;
- college admission professionals including high school guidance counselors and/or independent consultants.
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. Your candidate dashboard may not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.