Senior Research Scientist
Temasek Laboratories @ NTU invites applications for the position of Senior Research Scientist/Fab Manager.
This is a growth position requiring proficiency in semiconductor production management, process control, lean manufacturing, capacity ramp, cost control, and manufacturing ecosystem management. We need a hands-on leader with a record of success in building a manufacturing team, in mentoring people, and in achieving excellence in 360 degree key performance indexes – cycle time, yield, on-time delivery, cost, volume etc. He/she should have extensive experience and expertise in semiconductor (III-V processing is an added advantage) fabrication and high-tech manufacturing leadership. Additionally, the Senior Research Scientist needs to be highly motivated, exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills as well as a passion for developing and producing best-in-class products and services.
- Production Control with supply chain management (SCM)
- Measurement and improvement KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Manage manufacturing flow through our customers
- Manage evaluation scorecard and selection of key suppliers and mfg. partners
- Support NPI activities (R&D), including specifications, FMEAs, DFX, qualification plans etc.
- Interface effectively with customers
- Collaborate and partner across multiple business segments and functions
- Collaborate with development engineering teams to determine delivery schedules
- Continue process optimization and improvement
- Lead and mentor continuous improvement initiatives
- Create and maintain the process documents with the standard of ISO 9001:2015
- PhD or Masters with at least 5 years experience in either Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Material Science/Physics/Chemistry or other related fields
- More than 6 years of relevant high-tech engineering, prototyping, and small volume manufacturing
- Prior experience in transiting from R&D to prototyping or medium volume manufacturing
- Experience interfacing with R&D team, customers and/or managing a wafer fab
- SPC expertise and/or 6 Sigma classification is highly desirable
- R&D Experience is advantageous
- Hands-on MES experience (at least small volume manufacturing)
- Hands-on capacity modelling and capital equipment planning experience
- Ability to manage a single-shift and/or multi-shift organization
- Assembly process experience is advantageous
- Leader with experience in change management and consensus building
- Problem solving with sound logical thinking and analysis
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Relevant software competency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent, SPC and MES packages
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.