5 days left
- Full Time
DEPARTMENT OF TUKSSPORT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 3
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria is a leading research university in South Africa. The University prides itself on producing well-rounded, creative graduates and responsible, productive citizens and future leaders. The University is also renowned for its Sport and in particular, for its High Performance Centre. We strive to build not only the University’s international reputation and visibility and the impact of its research, innovation and teaching and learning on socio-economic development in South Africa, but also to be known as a sporting powerhouse in Africa.
The Director at TuksSport is responsible for the strategic planning, development, execution and management of recreation sport, high performance and club sport at the University of Pretoria and includes:
- Developing strategy and ensure TuksSport, the HPC and TuksSport High School are aligned to the University’s strategic plan.
- Managing the strategic positioning of TuksSport, the HPC, and TuksSport High School in the internal and external environment through ethical leadership and ethical sports programmes.
- Developing and implementing strategic and operational plans to optimise sport performance and management.
- Growing participation rates of sport at the University of Pretoria.
- Ensuring that athletes and players selected for provincial and national teams are supported.
- Developing and implementing business plans to ensure sustainability.
- Generating third stream funding and fundraising for TuksSport, the HPC and TuksSport High School.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with the industry, public sector, private sector, international, national and provincial bodies of sport in order to grow the TuksSport and UP brand.
- Ensuring compliance to legislation and policies of UP and regulations of sport governing bodies.
- A Master’s degree in Sport Management, Human Movement Studies, Business Management or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the field of sports management, of which five (5) should be in a senior management role, with a track record of proven success.
- Sport Management in an acknowledged sport organisation such as a leading tertiary institution, national federation or comparable position in the private sector.
- Sport management experience with specific regard to:
- Organisational and Operational Management;
- Management of people, including volunteers;
- Financial management including fundraising;
- Negotiation and facilitation ability;
- On field performance;
- Building a world-class programme.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Proven strategy development, planning and implementation skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to lead transformation in sport
- Project management skills
- Change management skills
- Proven good interpersonal, conflict resolution and team-building skills
- Proven negotiation and fundraising skills
- Highly ethical individual
- Strong communication skills
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Proven experience at a senior management level in sports management, on-field performances and the building of world-class programmes for more than five (5) years.
- Relevant and practical experience in coaching and sport management at a higher education institution.
- Proven track record and practical experience of sport sciences in a high-performance athlete management environment.
- Business experience in sport management.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with a specific focus on previous experiences in building successful university sport programmes;
- Self-evaluation of your suitability for appointment in the position
- Your vision for sport at the University of Pretoria;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees that we have permission to contact.
Candidates may be expected to present their vision to the Appointments Committee.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
CLOSING DATE: 24 September 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Letticia Jooste, Tel: (012) 420 6921, e-mail: email@example.com.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.