Lymphoma Clinical Research Liaison B
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- Increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician they are working for by accurately and thoroughly documenting medical visits as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to: medical history, physical exam, procedures, treatments, patient education, follow-up instructions, and preparation of referral letters.
- Responsible for calendar management and keeping the PI apprised of issues and action items on his/her agenda. This involves coordinating internal and external meetings/appointments and providing reminders as needed; organizing international and domestic travel arrangements; processing reimbursements through Concur or outside vendors.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondence via phone, email and postal mail; handle confidential and non-routine information (e.g., protected health information and intellectual property) with discretion and facilitate communication between appropriate team members; prepare written correspondence on behalf of the PI.
- Responsible for ad-hoc projects including proofing and editing reports and other writings; comprehensive literature, database and web-based searches with writing of summaries of findings as requested; assist with the preparation of investigator-initiated protocols, periodic study reports, scholarly manuscripts, and presentations; create graphs/figures as needed; assist with any relevant submissions to ensure timely adherence to important deadlines.
- Support 3-7 non-interventional studies where informed consent requirement has been waived by the IRB (e.g., retrospective data collection, use of archival tissue, etc.). This involves assisting with preparation and submission of regulatory documents to the Penn IRB and other entities; submitting non-monetary agreements for legal review via RIS; coordinating the transfer of data from collaborating physicians from both the University of Pennsylvania and other non-Penn institutions; assembling datasets requiring careful attention to detail.
- Support 2-5 non-interventional studies where informed consent is required (e.g., prospective data collection, bio-sample collection, etc.). This involves screening and enrolling study participants, collecting and processing clinical bio-samples, maintaining telephone follow-up with study participants, data collection, survey administration, medical chart abstractions, and data entry/cleaning.
- Attend Program meetings; record meeting minutes that are complete and accurate as to the discussions that took place during the meeting and the actions taken; circulate draft minutes to meeting Chairperson and attending staff for review and approval.
- On a rotating basis, pre-screen Penn Medicine Lymphoma Program patients for actively enrolling clinical trials using a decision-tree; distribute a list of potentially eligible patients to the Study Team for evaluation; basic data entry into a Lymphoid Malignancies database.
- Support the Program by assisting with general administrative tasks (e.g., managing/ordering office supplies valued <$50, maintaining/archiving files, research-related inventory, collecting/distributing information for Multi-Disciplinary Case Conferences, etc.).
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
Position involves tasks that may occur outside of usual work hours and some travel. Contingent upon continued funding
Lymphoma Clinical Research Liaison B: High School Diploma and 5 years experience, Associate and 3 years experience or Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Prior knowledge of lymphoma is a plus but not essential. The successful applicant must be flexible, able to learn new methods quickly, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.