Health Services Administrator/Hospital Administrator
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Health Services Administrator/Hospital Administrator in the University of Ghana Health Services.
POSITION: Health Services Administrator/Hospital Administrator
REPORTING TO: Director, University Health Services
To be responsible for the smooth running of health administration, have oversight responsibility over support services within the health facility and contribute to effective financial management in the facility.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day general administration of the health institution;
- Ensure the provision of all support services necessary for quality healthcare delivery;
- Direct, supervise and evaluate the work activities of administrative, maintenance and other support service staff;
- Set performance objectives for administrative and support services units in the health institution;
- Implement and monitor policies, procedures and performance standards for administrative and other support staff for quality health service delivery;
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process of the University Health Services Directorate in accordance with the approved guidelines;
- Monitor the efficient use of health resources and report on them;
- Monitor and report on the implementation of plans and budgets;
- Coordinate and collate annual work plans and periodic operational reports on service delivery;
- Support resource mobilization for the health facility;
- Ensure regular provision of utility services such as water, electricity, telecommunication and waste management services;
- Implement established processes, procedures and structures for disaster preparedness, health and safety, and general security of the University Health services Directorate;
- Facilitate the orientation, appraisal and training of all personnel in the Health services Directorate;
- Promote the implementation of the patient charter, code of ethics and disciplinary procedures, and other relevant legislation relevant to the conduct of the business of the University Health Services Directorate;
- Solicit assistance on legal matters from the appropriate unit of the University on legal matters of concern to the business of the Health Services Directorate;
- Plan, implement, manage and ensure maintenance of physical assets of the Health Services directorate to prevent untimely breakdown of buildings, equipment, transport and other assets of the directorate;
- Ensure maintenance of a healthy and aesthetic environment for the personnel and clients of the University Health Services Directorate;
- Put in place security measures to ensure adequate physical security and safeguarding of assets including protection of patients and staff in all facilities of the Health services Directorate;
- Coordinate asset data management;
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of various agreements between the University and its business partners as relate to the University Health Services Directorate;
- Plan, advocate and implement programmes for the strategic development of the University health Services Directorate;
- Make inputs into the development of policies and programmes;
- Conduct operational research within the administrative and support services and ensure its implementation;
- Train and supervise the activities of junior Health Services Administrators, interns and trainees in the facility;
- Perform any other official duty assigned by the Director of the University Health services Directorate;
- Coordinate with relevant units of the University Health Services Directorate for recruitment, selection, induction and retention of all cadre of staff; and
- Work with the Director to establish a quality assurance systems for the University Health Services Directorate.
- B.Sc. Degree in Administration (Health Services Option) and Masters Degree in a Healthcare related field plus one (1) year internship or national service in a recognized health facility.
- Applicant must preferably be a member of a relevant recognised professional body
- A minimum of five (5) years cumulative service at the grade of Health Services Administrator. Evidence of continuing professional development and training in management.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment shall normally be for a six-year term and is renewable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (hard copy); or firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
ii. An up to date Curriculum Vitae.
iii. Copies of academic and professional certificates.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, 18th September, 2020. However, applications to the Registrar will be accepted until the positions are filled.