Chief Risk Officer
The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Chief Risk Officer, to take effect as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
POSITION: Chief Risk Officer
REPORTING TO: Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor, as the Chief Executive Officer, is the overall Chief Risk Officer of the University. The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) shall, under the Vice-Chancellor, coordinate all risk management activities of the University. The CRO would develop and deploy the core enterprise risk management toolset including risk identification, assessment, prioritisation, mitigation, monitoring, reporting templates, and communication tools. The CRO shall ensure compliance with the risk management requirements of the University’s Financial Regulations and Governance, International Public Sector Accounting Standards [IPSAS] and other applicable regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Risk Officer shall, under the Vice-Chancellor be responsible for undertaking all the duties and responsibilities in the Risk Framework including the following:
- Developing and deploying the core enterprise risk management toolsets including risk identification, assessment, prioritization, mitigation, and monitoring
- Identifying, and monitoring emergent risks and reporting on them
- Working with risk owners to complete periodic risk analysis and developing risk documentation and reports
- Assessing and implementing effective business continuity and disaster recovery measures across the University of Ghana
- Enhancing Emergency Response Procedures
- Extending risk principles into the wider University strategy
- Developing the data strategy required to build an accurate picture of operational risk
- Educating the University community on the University's risk management strategy
- Training and communicating with University staff on risk management policies and structures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidate must possess:
- A relevant Master’s Degree in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance, Auditing, or Insurance. In addition, membership of a professional Risk Management body is highly desirable.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years progressive working experience in Enterprise Risk Management
- Experience in partnering with an executive team
- Strategic and Entrepreneurial Leadership skills
- Relationship Building and Collaborative skills
- Expertise in Risk Management and Compliance
- Persuasive and Influential Communication abilities with high oral and written communication skills
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment shall normally be for 4 (four) years and may be renewed for another term based on performance and subject to the terms and conditions of employment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana. P. O. Box LG 25. Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
ii. An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
iii. A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: https://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan.
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the university website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, 18th September, 2020.