Licensed Vocational Nurse
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse will be a member of the Caltech COVID-19 Management Team, working under the direction of the Registered Nurse and other clinical staff to support the contact tracing process and care of students in isolation and quarantine. In addition, the Licensed Vocational Nurse is a healthcare professional who assists in a variety of medical back office duties and procedures. The License Vocational Nurse performs basic nursing duties such as taking vital signs, rooming in patients, assisting the other nursing and patient care staff as directed, and participates in supporting campus-wide emergency response. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Vocational Nurse will assist with the professional and efficient daily operation of the medical clinic’s back office operations.
– Serves as a member of the Caltech COVID-19 Management Team, which includes other medical professionals and trained personnel that engages in tracking, documenting, interviewing, following, educating, referring, and monitoring staff, faculty, and students for coronavirus questions, concerns, reported symptoms, illness and exposures
– Participate in health monitoring check-ins with students, staff, faculty, and other community members under the direction of the Registered Nurse, physician or nurse practitioners
– Provide first aid and wound care
– Take vital signs, performs nursing assessment and assist in the rooming in of patients at the request of nursing staff
– Collect and process specimens for CLIA-waived tests including but not limited to: COVID-19, influenza, strep, pregnancy, mono, and microscopy
– Assist in mass vaccine clinics or mass testing clinics
– Ensure exam rooms are well-stocked, equipment is functional, and facilities maintain a professional appearance
– Collaborate with Wellness Services staff on training, outreach, and health education initiatives
– Follow all Student Wellness Service procedures and applicable laws related to medical care
– Documents thoroughly and accurately medical care rendered
– Administer medications under various means and performs medical procedures within parameters of LVN license
– Other duties as assigned
– Completion of an accredited vocational nursing program
– Valid California Vocational Nursing license; CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and first aid certification
– Minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical setting
– Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems
– Commitment to inclusion, diversity and multicultural competence
– Experience in execution of contact tracing and other public health protocols
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
If you would like to request an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caltech Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.