Research Fellow, Bioelectrochemistry
2 days left
- Full Time
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
SCELSE invites applications for a Research Fellow to achieve research objectives pertinent to a recent Competitive Research Programme (CRP) award in biocorrosion and biosensor development. The Research Fellow should be a talented bioelectrochemist who is able to help develop novel bioelectrochemical systems.
- Develop bioelectrochemical systems that can be used to monitor microbial growth and electron transport in real time at hydrostatic pressure up to 20,000 psi
- Apply new thinking to the development of a bioelectroanalytical microbial detector
- PhD in an area relevant to bioelectrochemistry
- Competent in basic microbiology
- Experience with bioelectrochemical systems
- Ability to monitor microbial bioelectrochemical activity using a range of techniques (e.g. CA, CV, EIS, DPV etc.) and to interpret results
- Experience with a range of electrode materials and how to optimise systems
- Ability to handle microbes competently and safely up to Biological Safety Level 2 (BSL2)
- Good aseptic technique
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a sense of initiative and proactiveness
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.