Data Engineer I
The Big Data Analytics Center (BiDAC) is established to conduct quality big data research, training, consultation and to provide unified big data platform services within the UAE and internationally. The main objective of BiDAC is to conduct leading-edge research and services within the emerging domain of big data analytics and disseminate technical know-how that can be applied to improve the performance of public and private enterprises. BiDAC is currently in need of an experienced Data Engineer.
The ideal candidate is expected to have intensive knowledge of building data lakes and data warehouses. He/she will be responsible for building scalable data platforms and large-scale processing systems that enable advanced analytics and support data teams across the enterprise.
BSc. in Computer Science or a closely related field from a recognized university. An intensive experience of working in designing, creating, deploying and managing large and effective databases and advanced analyics soluions.
- MSc. in Computer Science or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Programming experience particularly in Python, Java, Scripting Languages
- Intensive experience in designing relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience in auto-configuration systems (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.) and other technologies such as Redshift, Mysql, MongoDB, RDS, Jenkins, GitHub, Selenium, TestNG, Ansible, etc.
- Strong experience of Cloud technologies (such as AWS, Asure, Cloudera)
- Exposure to Big Data systems – Hadoop ecosystem, Cassandra, Spark Exposure to Agile and DevOps process and approaches
- Experience in distributed software
Division Associate Provost for Research
Department Assoc. Provost for Research Office
Job Close Date 30-11-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 9000 to 23000 AED