Research Engineer, Computer Science/Engineering
The Centre for Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT) of Nanyang Technological University is a translational R&D institute funded by National Research Foundation and supported by Smart Nation Programme Office and GovTech to develop the Smart Platform Infrastructure to enable applications in Video Analytics, Wireless Sensors Network and other areas required by Singapore as a Smart Nation. Through cutting-edge systems research, SPIRIT Centre aims to enable translational efforts in data science and analytics for solving public sector challenges through innovative solutions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of software platform to support Smart Nation applications.
- A full stack developer - API development focusing on the application of artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP)
- Setup and maintain servers and their network connections (hardware)
- Setup and maintain services on the servers
- Peer code review
- Documentation and scientific reporting
- System administrator to the platform, such as servers (hardware and software), databases etc
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years software development experience (fresh graduate with relevant project experience will be considered)
- Good problem-solving skills and team spirit
- Proficient in two or more backend programming languages
- Proficient in one or more relational database management systems (RDBMS), such as PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with RHEL/CentOS
- Familiarity with virtualization technology
- Experience in distributed architecture
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU