Research Fellow, Disaster Risk Reduction
1 day left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Disaster Analytics for Society Lab at Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore is looking for an exceptional candidate for a postdoctoral position in the field of disaster risk reduction. The lab aims to rapidly deploy and produce valuable, actionable research in pre- and post-disaster contexts in Southeast Asia to inform both risk reduction and recovery efforts. The ideal candidate will combine strong technical expertise with a passion for humanitarian and disaster-related research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design, prototype and implement solutions to collect and analyze complex data on natural hazards and their impacts on society
- Support in planning, coordinating and execution of field activities for the Disaster Analytics for Society Lab (DASL), leading to the successful execution and coordination of disaster-related fieldwork
- Support the development of the spatial analysis lab (hardware, software and capacity-building)
- Conduct spatial analysis work in support of various research projects on disaster risk and recovery
- Willing to travel frequently, occasionally for extended periods (up to 2-3 weeks)
- PhD degree in quantitative earth or environmental system sciences, civil / environmental engineering, computer science or related fields
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality and impactful research
- Experience with field research
- Experience working with spatial data
- Demonstrated ability to publish high-quality research
- Interest in the field of natural hazards and reducing their impacts on society
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV, work samples and names and contact details of two referees.
Enquiries can be sent to Ms. Sanjana Tadepalli (email@example.com).
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU