Senior Research Scientist, Power System Distribution Network
- Full Time
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Senior Research Scientist.
- Core expertise includes Distribution Network Modeling & Analysis
- Design and develop the distribution grid modeling tools in the context of the large penetration of DERs
- Define and conduct real-time simulations using hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) techniques based on RTDS or Opal-RT platforms
- Research into novel technologies & state-of-the-art solutions in distribution network modeling and analysis
- Be an R&D team lead to define & achieve the project goals
- Be a hands-on technologist and domain/industry expert in commercial solution development, system integration & implementation
- Work closely with researchers, developers, partners and/or external vendors for timely project delivery
- Masters or PhD Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, specialized in Power System Distribution Network
- Solid knowledge of the electric utility industry, preferably in the area of distribution system analysis, management and automation; particular areas of interest would include load modeling, state estimation, parameter & topology detection/estimation, and model calibration
- Strong understanding of the concepts and various building blocks of smart grids
- Deep knowledge of smart meter data analytics and statistical analysis
- Distribution grid management tools/platforms (e.g., MDMS, DMS, ADMS, DERMS and Microgrid Controller)
- Power system (distribution network) simulation tools (e.g., GridLAB-D, OpenDSS, PSCAD and MATLAB/Simulink SimPowerSystems toolbox).
- Programming languages (e.g., R, Python) with emphasis on the application in statistics and data analysis
- Minimum 10 years of experience
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.