Associate Professor/Professor, Department of Business Management
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Manage the activities of the South African Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Hub;
- Curriculum design activities with specific emphasis on inclusion of SDGs and Responsible Leadership in undergraduate offerings;
- Undertake fundraising activities to sustain the work the South African SDG Hub;
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the public and the private sectors;
- Manage the MPhil in Development Practice;
- Undertake original research or contract research projects that lead to peer-reviewed publications;
- Lecture at postgraduate level; and
- Act as supervisor for postgraduate students.
Associate Professor / Professor
- PhD in leadership or a related field;
- Lecturing experience at postgraduate level;
- Proven research and publication record on leadership or a related field;
- A record of successful supervision of students at masters and doctoral level;
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the public and private sector; and
- Experience in working with policymakers on topics related to SDGs.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate interpersonal, language and communication skills;
- Good administrative, organisational and coordination skills for managing complex projects;
- Thorough knowledge of SDGs and experience in SDG research;
- Computer literacy (Ms Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Web applications; and
- Evidence of successful fundraising activities.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES
- NRF rating or in the process of applying
Shortlisted applicants will be required to do a PowerPoint presentation (15 minutes) as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 18 September 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof A Antonites firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof D de Jongh email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.