Sr. Application Developer
Cutting edge fusion energy research requires dynamic business systems, top tier Information Technology support and robust application development. PPPL is seeking a Senior Application Developer in our Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Application Development Team Lead. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, upgrading, and supporting a diverse suite of enterprise-wide business applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers to gather system requirements and transforming them into functioning applications.
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
- Design, develop, test, implement, upgrade, and maintain a diverse suite of enterprise class business applications including financial management, document management, ITSM, business intelligence, etc. (50%)
- Work with customers to gather and analyze business/functional requirements. Transform the requirements into technical requirements/solutions. (15%)
- Assists in the timely resolution of escalated end-user problems associated with business applications supported by the Application Development Team. (15%)
- Author and maintain both internal developer and end user documentation. (10%)
- Investigate new and emerging technologies. Provide technology recommendations which will enhance operation efficiencies. Other duties as assigned. (10%)
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in:
- Enterprise application development
- Database management
- Website development
- SDK and API usage
Minimum 3 years of experience in:
- ServiceNow development and implementation including the following modules:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Knowledge Management
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and technical staff with varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to create end user documentation and support articles in a knowledge-base.
ServiceNow (Discovery/ServiceWatch a plus), MS SQL, MS Access, FileMaker, Crystal Reports, Visual Studio, SharePoint, MS Office
PeopleSoft, Great Plains, OnBase, Google Apps a plus
Windows, Mac OS X, Linux (a plus)
Certificates and Licenses:
ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) or Certified Application Developer (CAD) preferred
Occasional lifting of IT equipment less than 20lbs such as a desktop tower computer or computer monitor may be required.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.