To fulfill its mission to make service and civic engagement part of the Princeton student experience, the Pace Center for Civic Engagement is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This position has primary responsibility for providing program logistical support and general office support to staff in their work to help students respond to community needs in responsible and positive ways. High-level support to the Executive Director is also a responsibility of this role. The Administrative Assistant has frequent interactions with the wider Princeton campus community and its constituents and stakeholders beyond Princeton and therefore, plays a key role in representing and promoting the culture and values of the University and the Pace Center. Given the timing of this hire, the selected candidate will work remotely for an indeterminate length of time and should have the commitment and flexibility to adapt this administrative office work to a virtual environment. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Associate Director of the Pace Center.
Program logistical support (45%): Work directly with program staff to align, support and adapt logistics associated with the wide variety of projects, events and other activities involving student engagement. Maintain existing and imagine new cross-program operational systems and processes for students to do service well, such as the Enterprise CarShare driver membership, Campus Life Event Registration (CLEVER) event portal, and Working with Minors background checks. Track, synthesize and create reports using Google or Excel spreadsheets in response to information needs for existing programs and new initiatives such as the recently introduced RISE (Recognizing Inequities and Standing for Equality) grant initiative. Update student information regularly in the Center's participation database. Coordinate the logistics of the Center's presence in University signature events such as the Civic Engagement Student Activities Fair, Tiger Tuesday, Princeton Preview and Class Day.
General office support(35%): Coordinate logistics and scheduling of Center staff meetings, work sessions and retreats. Respond to the broader community who comes in contact with the Center, including monitoring queries to the main Pace Center email account. Maintain and reconcile the Center's purchasing account. Serve as the point person for telephones, copier machines repairs and maintenance calls. Process incoming and outgoing mail and shipping requests. Coordinate deliveries and pick-ups. Maintain office space and office supply inventory. Place furniture orders, coordinate surplus requests and office moves. Maintain department directories and update office signage.
Assistant to the Executive Director (20%): Monitor and maintain Executive Director calendar in support of their participation in Pace Center, University and external stakeholder meetings. Anticipate possible conflicts to ensure smooth flow. Act as delegate in Outlook for calendar management. Act as contact to other University administrative assistants in meeting planning. Schedule regular check-in meetings. Track, reconcile and prepare expense and reports in Concur. On occasion, make travel arrangements and execute purchases of necessary supplies.
- High School diploma or GED with 3+ years of experience
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software, email applications, and calendar management, as well as Excel and Mail Merge
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated success in planning, following through and completing tasks and other assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and take the initiative and ownership of projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the workspace and within all interactions with constituents and stakeholders
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to Princeton University Rights, Rules, Responsibilities 2020 (https://rrr.princeton.edu/)
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using the Google suite of products
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfort with change and ambiguity
- Experience working in a higher education, a plus
- Experience working in a virtual environment, a plus
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.