Trainee, Research Assistant, English
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the School of Humanities
The School of Humanities in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, was established in 2017 and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes in Chinese, English, History, Linguistics & Multilingual Studies and Philosophy. It also offers the Minor in Creative Writing, which is unique only to NTU in Singapore.
A dynamic hub of research excellence in the humanities supported by a world-class faculty, the School of Humanities provides a rigorous and holistic education to develop students into well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically and articulate their ideas clearly and confidently.
- Prepare literature review and searches to outline research in the field Participate in research conceptualization and design
- Conduct library or archival research (online or offline) including document collection, annotation, and analysis
- Translate, summarize, and/or synthesize documents or other sources
- Assist with scholarly/creative manuscript preparation including compiling and checking references, indexing, and proof-reading
- Assist in duties related to project management, documentation, and outreach of research results
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Basic understanding of research and analytical skills
- Attention to details and procedures
- Effective communication and report writing skills
Hiring Institution: NTU