Trainee, Research Assistant, LMS, Sociolinguistics
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the School of Humanities
The School of Humanities in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, was established in 2017 and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes in Chinese, English, History, Linguistics & Multilingual Studies and Philosophy. It also offers the Minor in Creative Writing, which is unique only to NTU in Singapore.
A dynamic hub of research excellence in the humanities supported by a world-class faculty, the School of Humanities provides a rigorous and holistic education to develop students into well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically and articulate their ideas clearly and confidently.
- To conduct library search on research
- To do observations, interviews and surveys for project on communication
- Setting up surveys for a cross section of the population
- Collect self-report data
- Collect interview data
- Analysing and categorising responses
- Interviews, survey construction and implementation, data analysis
- Managing a linguistic research lab, handling bookings by end-users in the unit
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Basic understanding of research and analytical skills Attention to details and procedures
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Requires sociolinguistic skills to construct surveys
- Ability to collect and process sociolinguistic data
- Ability to sort and categorise data according to sociolinguistics parameters
- Ability to extract data in a coherent manner to answer specific research questions
- Ability to execute basic statistical analysis
- Linguistics and data analysis skills
Hiring Institution: NTU