Trainee, Research Assistant, Linguistics, Language Documentation
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the School of Humanities
The School of Humanities in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, was established in 2017 and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes in Chinese, English, History, Linguistics & Multilingual Studies and Philosophy. It also offers the Minor in Creative Writing, which is unique only to NTU in Singapore.
A dynamic hub of research excellence in the humanities supported by a world-class faculty, the School of Humanities provides a rigorous and holistic education to develop students into well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically and articulate their ideas clearly and confidently.
- Editing of two bilingual dictionary corpora
- Development of online access of audio-visual materials for a language documentation webpage
- Development of a phone app for electronic dictionaries of minority languages
- Transcription and analysis of linguistic data in minority languages using database software applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics
- Knowledge and experience of transcription and language documentation
- Knowledge of handling language corpora
- Knowledge and experience of developing phone apps and websites
Hiring Institution: NTU