Trainee, Research Assistant, Philosophy
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the School of Humanities
The NTU Philosophy Programme conducts research on and teaches a wide range of topics within philosophy. We have particular strengths in Chinese philosophy, ethics, philosophy of science, and history of philosophy.
- Review and evaluate online teaching tools and protocol
- Data management of existing students projects and reports
- Making data created by corpus linguistics projects and research more readily available
- Stock-checking of existing equipment for linguistics research and to compose user-friendly manuals for easy reference for end-users
- To source and identify an electronic based system for lab and equipment management. Test and calibrate the system with end-users. Write-up of logistics and user guidelines for the system.
- Assisting end-users for bookings of equipment, rooms and troubleshoot
- Develop on-line crash courses and manuals for tools essential for undergraduate projects, e.g. R, SPSS, Presentation software such as Eprime
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics or relevant field
- Basic understanding of data management
- Knowledge and experience in handling linguistics corpora
- Some programming experience (Python, SQL, R)
- Knowledge and experience handling technical aspects in research labs
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting online apps and softwares for research labs
Hiring Institution: NTU