Postdoctoral Fellow, National Water Center
The NWC is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our interdisciplinary research group as a post-doctoral research associate. The candidate is expected to work closely but also independently from the senior research staff. In addition, the candidate is expected to have a multidisciplinary attitude and pursue excellent scientific results at an international level. The principal duties and responsibilities assigned to this position will include, but not limited to, conducting computational research on spatiotemporal analysis to identify, measure, and monitor the effect of climate variability and extreme weather events on agriculture, surface water, and groundwater, with an emphasis on the use of different climatological and remote sensing data techniques. The candidate should assist the senior researcher in the ongoing projects and researches and write research proposals, scientific reports, conference presentations, and peer-reviewed journal articles.
A PhD in Soil and Water Engineering, or closely related discipline, with background in climate change, is expected. At least 2-year postdoctoral experience is required.
Excellent Skills related to preparation of Research Proposals and securing external funds.
The successful candidate should have genuine experience and expertise in several of, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Hydrologic and climatic extremes, climate modeling, and precipitation variability
- Droughts and forecasting of climate events using GCMs and RCMs
- Ecosystem interaction to regional climate change
- Fluctuation in precipitation and temperature time series
- Application of gridded data products and biases correction method modification • Drought indices reformulation and their application
- Familiarity with programming language R/Matlab is desirable
- Experience with interdisciplinary research
- Ability to identify and develop innovative research areas and proposals
- Documented ability to attract external funding for research
- Ability to author peer-reviewed journal publications and technical reports
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relationships skills relevant to scientific and management audiences
- A strong publication track record in high-ranking journals that compares favorably with others at a similar career stage (at least 15 peer reviewed SCI publication, including 3-4 JCR Q1)
Division National Water Center
Department National Water Center
Job Close Date 01-10-2020
Job Category Academic - Post-Doctoral