Director, Emergency Response Innovation Centre
- Fixed-Term (5 years), Full-Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Townsville
- Total Remuneration: $174,915 to $192,408 pa
- Remuneration includes cash salary of $147,806 to $162,588, 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Based at CQUniversity’s Townsville campus, the new and emerging Emergency Response and Innovation Centre (ERIC) will focus on building the capability and expertise of government agencies, volunteer organisations, industry professionals and the community to plan for, respond to and recover from disaster and emergency management situations.
As Director, you will have the potential to make a regional, national and global impact with your successful leadership of the Centre. Your focus will be to strengthen research outputs, drive strong community engagement, enhance learning and teaching frameworks, advocate the use of embedded technologies and build key external partnerships to help establish and grow the Centre as a leading authority.
- Provide a dedicated physical location to respond to ‘real time’ situations.
- Provide opportunities for experiential learning that support our communities to build a safer and more resilient future.
- Showcase industry best practice in emergency and disaster management.
- Inject academic leadership.
- Conduct research and host research students focused on issues important to the region.
- Use high-fidelity immersive (augmented reality) simulation technology in its research and education.
Allow our comprehensive relocation packages to relocate you and your family to tropical Townsville to begin the next chapter of your career. Boasting 300 days of year-round sunshine, Townsville’s relaxed atmosphere is complemented by big city comforts. This flourishing district offers world-class education, innovative healthcare, affordable housing, and unique shopping, dining, entertainment and outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Doctoral qualifications and recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area.
- An established reputation for excellence in research and a proven record of strong leadership in education and establishment and leadership of multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Evidence of development and maintenance of strong professional links with government, industry and the community.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Thursday, 17 September 2020
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33586
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply