Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
As a member of the P-Card Services team, the P-Card Administrator, reports to the P-Card Manager and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the Purchasing Card program, with a strong focus on customer service and support.
– Act as point of contact for Concur support; enter and monitor support tickets as needed
– Manage Concur system enhancements, which includes communication and training with customers
– Audit reports for violations, return reports to user with missing information, and verify key fields are entered correctly
– Ensure reports are in compliance with appropriate guidelines, and requirements based on Caltech’s P-Card Policy, IRS guidelines, and specific exceptions as determined by divisions/departments
– Run monthly reports on delinquent users and past due P-Card reports; communicate the reconciliation violation policy to the user and expense approver, and follow up to ensure than all outstanding charges and reports have been submitted
– Identify audit observations and recommend changes to audit rules
US Bank/ APEX/ Card Maintenance
– Act as primary point of contact for P-Card’s merchant bank, US Bank; utilize US Bank software for tasks related to P-Card Administration
– Review and process P-Card applications; order P-Cards from the bank, receive and distribute cards, and enter credit card number in APEX
– Manage requests for card limit increases, reviewing Change Limit form for completeness of required information
– Manage users in special group (Caltech 1) ensuring all certification forms are on file
– Handle disputed charges/discrepancies not resolved by cardholder and merchant by filing a dispute claim with the bank
– Handle security issues such as fraud, compromised accounts, and lost/stolen cards by working directly with the cardholder and bank
Amazon Business Program
– Act as primary point of contact for the Caltech Amazon Business program
– Manage Amazon Business program; email Amazon Business invitations to customers, enroll/remove users as requested, manage user permissions/roles, and create and manage special departmental groups
– Work directly with Caltech’s Amazon Business account manager to resolve users’ technical issues and price discrepancies
Oracle/ Data Warehouse
– Import and extract P-Card transactions; ensure that imports and extracts and credit card loads are uploading without errors. Troubleshoot issues as needed
– Perform daily Oracle interface, expenditure type corrections, contact departments to correct PTA errors, open interface corrections, and monitor payments on hold (determine cause, revalidate PTA, supplier issue, research and troubleshoot)
– Clear non-taxable expenses in APEX and perform use tax accruals on taxable transactions monthly
– Utilize Oracle Learning Management (OLM) Administrator to manage and schedule monthly CardQuest training classes. Enroll/remove attendees as needed
– Run HR report in Cognos Data Warehouse for all terminated employees to ensure that P-Cards accounts have been properly deactivated
P-Card Administration/ Customer Service
– Develop and maintain productive cardholder/CardQuest user and bank relationships
– Respond to CardQuest Help emails and P-Card Services emails and assist customers in a timely manner
– Provide monthly CardQuest training classes to Campus and one on one training sessions as needed
– Develop and maintain online training program
– Facilitate streamlined workshop training for divisions/departments
– Provide documentation for internal and external audit requests; research transaction information from Oracle, CardQuest, and legacy systems
– Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of related experience
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Classroom training experience
– Strong audit skills with attention to detail
– Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
– Proficient in desktop applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite) and knowledgeable of web-based systems; Oracle and Concur experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To read more Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) go to eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
If you would like to request an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caltech Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.