Lecturer in Journalism
FACULY OF ARTS, LAW AND EDUCATION
School of Language, Arts & Media - LLL001
Build a legacy with us!
The USP is one of the two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. With students around the Pacific region, we are supported by 12 Pacific Island countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
The successful applicant will teach two courses per semester, including radio and television, and contribute to the research profile of the School and the Faculty through generating high-quality publications. It is expected that the appointee will bear some administrative responsibility as determined by the discipline coordinator. The incumbent must have research publications that meet the University’s Quality of Research criteria at the appropriate academic level.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Journalism, Media and/or Communication Studies and some tertiary teaching experience;
- A record of teaching excellence and experience in Postgraduate supervision;
- Sound knowledge of emerging digital media technologies in radio, television and the web;
- Some understanding of the South Pacific region;
- Familiarity with software such as Photoshop, InDesign and Final Cut Pro X, and any
other radio and television broadcast software;
- Relevant expertise in website design; and
- Specialist knowledge and experience in distance and online education.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess
- Ateaching qualification and Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching (PGCTT) or equivalent;
- A strong research profile in Journalism, Media and/or Communication Studies;
- Relevant expertise in curriculum and instructional design and online education; and
- Experience in field of journalism and ability to work with actors in the industry.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Lecturer FJ $ 73,689 to FJ $ 96,958 per annum
Enquiries: Professor Sudesh Mishra, School of Language Arts & Media; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 25 October 2020
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three work referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.