Payment Card Industry Manager
The PCI/eCommerce Manager reports to the Associate Controller for Policy, Compliance, Treasury and Bursar’s Office. The Manager is responsible for managing the University’s PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance and eCommerce operations, oversees and enables all University related payment card (credit/debit) functions and works collaboratively with senior leaders, departments, and managers to ensure the University’s PCI policies and procedures are effectively established, communicated, maintained, reviewed, and aligned with strategic goals, values, and legal responsibilities.
- Provide strategy, management and direction for $100 million credit card function within the Yale University.
- Leadership role to develop strategies in identifying and evaluating emerging digital payment solutions to support departments and schools to collect revenue.
- Serve as the University’s subject matter expert on PCI compliance, card systems, payment applications and fraud prevention.
- Represents Controllership and is the primary point person for the University’s relationships with credit card associations, processors, settlement partners and compliance consultants while also investigating and evaluating vendor offering, partnerships, contract opportunities and negotiations.
- Create financial system structures, creates policies and procedures and ensure implementation of the University’s PCI Compliance program for the University.
- Drives execution of the PCI program, including but not limited to, policy enforcement, monitoring and tracking, incorporation of PCI compliance requirements into University processes, training and community awareness.
- Act as representative to and collaborate with department and schools to ensure critical adherence to University and payment card industry standards to protect confidential information collected from student’s, visitors and/or staff who initiate credit card payments at any of the 320 (less 150 if no Epic) Yale University credit card merchants.
- Leverages technical skills and experience to interpret and apply card association and legislative requirements by developing and implementing strategies to incorporate requirements to protect the University.
- Directs the vital partnership with Yale IT Security Office, meeting monthly with the Security Specialist team and quarterly with the University CISO and Controller elevating payment security issues, discussing impact to University and advancing a central voice to PCI Compliance to stakeholders.
- Instrumental in developing a strategic plan to reduce PCI Compliance risk, improve merchant card acceptance products and automate cash application, incorporating complex institutional systems.
- Lead the PCI Operating Committee (to be defined but should meet at least monthly and include representatives from various area in both the Controller’s office and IT).
- Leads annual PCI DSS annual validation process and ensures the SAQ is completed accurately and on time each year.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year institution. Eight years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in the areas of accounting, auditing or systems experience.
Required Skill and Ability 1:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills that includes the ability to negotiate, build consensus and clearly articulate to technical and non-technical audiences.
Required Skill and Ability 2:
High standards for personal and professional excellence, achievement, and integrity. An open and collaborative style that promotes partnerships, team building and the ability to build strong relationships across constituents that results in implementations that meet their business needs.
Required Skill and Ability 3:
The ability to translate technical details into benefits for the end use. A proven capability to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to delegate responsibility and to ensure timely follow through with implementation.
Required Skill and Ability 4:
Strong organizational skills and the ability to see the big picture, while remaining attentive to detail. Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Required Skill and Ability 5:
Strong project management skills. Change oriented. Proficient computer skills (Strong working knowledge of computer systems, networking and payment applications). Detail oriented.
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.