RIE Trainee, Research Officer, Microbiology
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
- Work on a project related to microbial communities from the skin
- Form single and mixed species biofilms, and evaluate the effects of different growth conditions on the response of the bacteria or the biofilm extracellular matrix
- Analyse raw data, prepare data for presentations and prepare reports on the work
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology or a related subject
- Able to work with bacteria in an aseptic manner
- Experience in the fields of microbiology is preferable
- Working knowledge of biofilms as well as the extracellular matrix• Imaging expertise is desirable
- A basic understanding of molecular methods such as PCR and gene cloning is helpful
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and adhere to deadlines is required
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills is required