This is a full-time, temporary position involving chemical biology in the Ondrus lab (www.ondruslab.org). The successful candidate will contribute to a project focused on synthesis of complex small molecule probes. 100% effort will be dedicated to lab work involving organic synthesis and characterization.
- Demonstrate expertise in synthetic organic chemistry, including mechanisms, methods, and recent literature.
- Perform standard and specialized reactions in organic chemistry to prepare milligram to multigram quantities of material.
- Purify organic compounds using chromatography (manual and automated), crystallization, distillation, etc.
- Fully characterize stereochemically complex molecules using 1D and 2D NMR, HRMS, UV-Vis, etc.
- Design/optimize multi-step synthetic routes and devise alternative strategies to overcome challenges.
- Maintain lab instruments including Combiflash, vacuum pumps, lyophilizer, etc.
- Oversee lab safety protocols and hazardous waste management.
- Participate in weekly meetings and present research summaries.
- Contribute writing patents, scientific presentations, and publications.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- 5+ years of lab research experience.
- Ability to keep accurate, organized records and maintain an electronic notebook.
- Ability to clearly catalog, archive, and store samples.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the lab.
- Ability to meet agreed-upon deadlines, manage time effectively, and work efficiently.
- Ability to maintain a clean lab bench and participate in standard lab upkeep.
- Cover Letter
- Names of 2-3 references