The Graduate Aerospace Laboratories at the California Institute of Technology (GALCIT) is seeking a Research Scientist to conduct experimental tsunamigenesis research and to develop instrumentation.
- Design and set up a wet laboratory for tsunamigenesis study.
- Develop high-speed optical diagnostics to measure solid and fluid motions.
- Perform experiments to test proposed hypotheses.
- Analyze data and present conclusions to the research community.
- Help write proposals for future funding.
- Other laboratory duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Aeronautics.
- Experience conducting experiments in thrust fault rupture mechanics.
- Experience in high speed optical method.
- Experience at Caltech preferred.