Caltech seeks a Computational Scientist to manage computational resources, including the tomography database and pipeline.
Manage computational resources, install and configure new hardware and software and support the lab tomography database and automated processing pipeline. The successful candidate with work with Caltech IT services to upgrade and optimize connections to Institute computing resources.
- Bachelor's degree or higher plus strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with PC, Mac, and Linux computers and software including Microsoft Office programs as well as 3D image reconstruction software programs including 3DMod, Amira, and Chimera.
- Knowledge and experience in general biological, microbiological, and chemistry lab techniques.
- Experience with programming and computational sciences.
- Training and experience.
- Prior laboratory work experience.
- Traditional electron microscopy experience.