Associate Research Scientist
We are seeking an Associate Research Scientist with a background in Drosophila genetics and neurobiology. The successful candidate will conduct research using modern genetic approaches for identifying and tracing the neural circuits underlying the flight behavior of the fruit fly, Drosophila.
- Generate new genetic lines for identifying and manipulating neuronal function.
- Microdissection and tissue preparation for neuroanatomical data collection.
- Image acquisition using a confocal microscope.
- Analyze image stacks and register data to published neuroanatomical databases.
- Order supplies and chemicals for the lab and supervise maintenance of fly stocks.
- Knowledge of fly neuroanatomy and genetics.
- Four or more years of experience working with Drosophila.
- Experience operating a confocal microscope.
- Experience with microdissection.