Program Director, Teaching and Learning
Organization Name Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science,Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs, the Program Director,Teaching and Learning at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean in providing administrative leadership and policy development and implementation for medical faculty with a focus on improving the teaching and learning expertise of the faculty
- Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and faculty to plan, develop,implement, assess and improve courses, programs and services that support the College’s missions as they relate to the professional development of faculty educators
- Ensures the activities of the office are in alignment with accreditation guidelines
- Participates in on boarding processes to prepare faculty for their role as teachers
- Oversees all programs and services offered by the Office of Teaching and Learning
- Designs, implements and evaluates programs that promote and support faculty teaching and learning excellence
- Develops, acquires and provides resources, ideas and best practices for teaching methods
- Participates in education program assessment
- Provides teaching consultations
- Participates in student feedback sessions to evaluate effectiveness of faculty teaching
- Provides instructional design support to course directors and strand leaders
- Coordinates functions with the educational learning lab
- Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and Khalifa University’s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Dean
- Ad hereto the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform another tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- MD and/or PhD in a relevant field
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Prior leadership role in educating faculty
- Prior leadership in an office of teaching and learning
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery,and/or service at level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice,research, and or administration.
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills,and thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills,leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in medical education
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Program Director, Teaching and Learning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly