Post-Award Officer, Research Services
Organization Name Research Services
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
The Post Award Officer is responsible for the administration of post-award activities within Research Services Department in support of an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills. The position will liaise with internal and external partners and stakeholders, and develop effective working relationships to support excellent service delivery.
- Assist with post-award support to faculty, including assistance with financial management and reconciliation of project accounts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including researchers, administrators, finance, and funding bodies to support effective post-award service delivery.
- Create new account set ups and closeouts.
- Create new fund centers and accounts, track and follow up on open commitments.
- Coordinate delivery financial reports to be sent to sponsor, as required by the award terms and conditions.
- Monitor compliance with agency and University regulations regarding reporting.
- Maintain records of external reporting requirements for sponsored programs.
- Process requests for No Cost Extensions, Carryover, rebudgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award
- Ensure all requests are done in compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies
- Ensure progress reports are properly approved submitted on time, and properly filed and stored.
- Assist with activities related to project changes, including re-budgeting, extensions, supplements and other amendments.
- Track spending & variance monitoring and follow-up
- Ensure data is accurately entered into relevant finance and research systems.
- Work with faculty and department administration to ensure accurate allocation and accounting for research staff and students.
- Track and log approval requests for travel, expense reimbursements, research visitors and payment requests.
- Track and log invoice events, accounts receivable and note any potential delays to line-manager.
- Work with the Associate Director, Post-award specialists to solve problems, answer questions, and give guidance on post-award activities and other grants management topics on a daily basis.
- Manage coordination with support functions to support resourcing, financing, procuring and contract management for all research projects.
- Close out all funded projects consistent with university process and timelines.
- Contribute to the development, review and improvement of post-award processes and associated workflow refinement.
- Carry out administrative and project-based duties as assigned by the Manager from time to time to support the effective management of post-awards activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).