Research Fellow, Environmental/Biochemical Engineering/Environmental Microbiology
A Research Fellow position is currently available in Nanyang Environment & Water Research Insititute - Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (NEWRI-AEBC).
- Operation of a pilot-scale fermentation system for high-quality biofertilizer production from food waste
- Coordinating the project, planning and conducting the experiments, optimizing the process conditions for high-quality biofertilizer production. This will also entail preparing crude enzymes and hydrolysis of food waste.
- Perform sample analysis for feed stocks and final products using advanced analytical equipment (LC-MS, GC, MP-AES etc.)
- PhD degree in Environmental/Biochemical Engineering, or Environmental Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biology, and will integrate into AEBC’s R&D thrust on biological processes
- Candidates with Master degree in Environmental/Biochemical Engineering, or Environmental Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biology can be considered for a Research Associate position
- Hands on experience in biological processes, particularly in fermentation and enzyme technologies
- Hands on experience on reactor design and operation
- Good laboratory and planning skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Able to commence work in short notice will be preferred
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.