Research Fellow, Numerical Modelling
The Earth Observatory in Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow to perform cutting edge research on kinetics of magmatic processes using numerical approaches.
- Perform literature review and summary of diffusion experiments done on geological materials
- Extraction of parameter values of theoretical diffusion laws through Monte Carlo simulation. This includes detailed characterization of the parameter uncertainties
- Application of extracted parameter values to natural examples of modelling of natural crystal profiles to obtain time scales
- PhD degree in Earth Sciences or equivalent
- Experience in experimental kinetic data of earth’s materials
- Experience in numerical modelling, specially Monte Carlo methods
- Self-driven, highly motivated, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality research
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.