Marketing & Business Process Manager - KTP Associate
School of Business & Creative Industries in partnership with Sonas Systems Ltd
Job Title: Marketing & Business Process Manager - KTP Associate
Campus: Sonas Systems Ltd, 101 Portman Street, Glasgow, G41 1EJ
Req No: REQ001026
Salary Scale: £28,500 - £30,000 per annum
Full-time: 38 hours per week
Fixed Term: 24 months
- Are you a Business or Marketing graduate looking for a unique opportunity to deliver an exciting project?
- Would you like to work with a leading company and be supported by senior company management and by a team of academics at UWS?
- Are you looking for hands on experience whilst gaining further qualifications?
- If so, we want to hear from you!
An exciting opportunity for a Business or Marketing graduate has become available to work full time on a 24 month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP). The aim of the project is to embed market led culture change through developing international strategic marketing capabilities whilst evaluating business processes at Sonas Systems Ltd.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to register free of charge for a Higher Degree (Masters or Ph.D.), receive training in Chartered Management Institute (level 5), work with senior company management to realise benefits to the business and apply their degree and lead their own project in a business environment.
Sonas Systems Ltd are experts in the field of financial reconciliation and exceptions management software tailored for Automated Teller Machines (ATM) and the Ticketing Device Industry. The founders have over 35 years of experience within ATM and the financial service industries. Recognising the increasing need for digital reconciliation software in relation to remote devices, Sonas are committed to providing digital solutions and growing the business throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Find out more about Sonas Systems Ltd by visiting: https://www.sonassystems.com/home
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Please visit: https://www.uws.ac.uk/business/knowledge-expertise/knowledge-transfer-partnerships/ or contact Stuart McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The successful candidate must possess:
BA (Hons) in Business & Marketing with evidence of computer literacy / digital skills
- As a member of the management team, you will be expected to contribute and participate in the implementation of the Company’s various marketing and communication initiatives and should be ready to assist in the development and preparation of appropriate tools.
- You must possess strong presentation and interpersonal skills as you will be involved in client interactions from initial contact through to deployment and thereafter, and therefore will be expected to attain detailed operational knowledge of the Company’s solution in order to deal with any queries that may arise throughout these communications.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Excellent cultural awareness
- Understanding of the dynamics and challenges of the marketing environment and growing a SME.
- Well-developed project management and research organisational skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical and data handling skills.
- Ability to carry out project costing and to compare alternatives based on costs and other factors.
- Expertise in writing and preparation of reports and business cases.
- Ability to deliver results in a highly dynamic organisation under tight schedules.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand business drivers within high tech industries and how a project can contribute to company success.
- Good project management skills.
- Organisational skills with the ability to plan under own initiative and to work to deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including report writing.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and sharing expertise.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to understand and process data.
If you have questions about this vacancy contact: Eileen.Conlan@uws.ac.uk
Further information, including details of how to apply is available at http://www.uws.ac.uk/about-uws/jobs
Closing date: 7th September 2020
Interviews to be held: w/c 21st September 2020
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520