Senior Research Fellow, Genome Editing, Stem Cell Biology and Epigenetics
The School of Biological Sciences at Nanyang Technological University is seeking a talented and ambitious Senior Postdoctoral Fellow to join the Transcription and Chromatin Regulation Laboratory. The innovative candidate will join a team of experienced molecular and cell biology researchers and computational biologists to perform cutting-edge research in genome editing, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) disease models and non-coding RNA functions. Our laboratory is focused on developing disease models using iPSCs and tissue organoids to understand epigenomic reprogramming during the progression of cancers and autoimmune diseases. The overall goal of our funded projects is to uncover the impact of oncogenic/inflammatory mediators and non-coding RNAs on enhancer regulation, chromatin dynamics and transcriptional control during disease pathogenesis (Nature Cell Biology 2015, 17: 1327-38; PNAS 2016, 113: 14402-07; Nature Communications 2018, 9: 3183).
The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent stem cell biology, epigenetics or RNA biology knowledge and prior expertise in iPSCs and/or tissue organoids generation, cell and molecular biology methods, and a variety of genome editing platforms, as evidenced by a strong publication list (first authored) in the relevant fields. He/she must be able to work in a dynamic and pro-active environment and demonstrate competence in CRISPR epigenome editing, RNA-related assays and genomics work including ChIP-seq and chromosome conformation capture assays.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with:
- PhD and at least 5 years of postdoc experience in the relevant areas of stem cell biology, immunology, RNA biology or epigenetics
- Extensive knowledge and experience in iPSCs, tissue organoids, biochemistry and molecular & cell biology
- Strong publication track record, indicated by first author publications in high quality journals
- Ability to write/contribute to research articles, grants and keep meticulous notes/proper scientific documentation
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills
- A strong team focus and ability to work independently
- A demonstrated ability to supervise PhD students and junior research staff
A competitive remuneration package (with health insurance and other benefits) that commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful candidate will be provided.
To apply for the role, please include a cover letter, current CV and bibliography, brief statement of research interests and the names/contact information of 2-3 academic referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU