Job Profile Student Support - Careers Service
Contract Type Permanent
This role will be based across our London centres
The primary purpose of this role is to source placements, internships and other professional development opportunities for international MSc Management students in BPP Business School. (Such opportunities will be of varying length, include voluntary and charity work and, where possible, the post holder will leverage BPP’s expertise and client relationships.)
You will support the delivery of a client relationship strategy that includes providing a range of professional development opportunities for students, advancing their career skills and ‘Career Ready’ credentials, and delivering on the outcomes of the MSc programme.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues in BPP to deliver this ‘holistic’ professional development programme.
- Find and secure placement opportunities for international students at BPP University
- Build a bank of employers to support with opportunities
- Network across the BPP Group to source relevant placement opportunities for students
- Support students with their CVs and placement applications
- Manage and track students' placement applications, interviews and placements in line with compliance regulations
- Liaise with employers to ensure that placement administration is up to date
- Provide generic employability workshops (e.g. CV workshops, Interview preparation, Assessment Days)
- Support the delivery of Careers Fairs, employability events & networking opportunities for students
- Provide general advice and guidance, such as entrepreneurship / self-employment, post-study work visa (Graduate Immigration Route)
- Liaise with Skills Development Coaches and other members of the Employability Service across the University to support placement students
Department University Education Services - Careers & Pro Bono
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- You will be passionate about providing an outstanding service, and about developing relationships with employers.
- You will have previous work experience in a relevant professional field (careers, work placement services, apprenticeships, graduate recruitment, HR), and a strong understanding of the graduate recruitment market and assessment/selection recruitment practices of employers.
- You will have strong experience of building and developing excellent relationships with clients and being able to build rapport, trust and confidence easily.
- You will have experience of delivering workshops in small and large groups, both face-to-face and online.
- You will be able to work collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Your excellent planning and time management skills will enable you to thrive whilst working under competing pressures and meeting deadlines.
- Your initiative and strong problem-solving skills will allow you to identify issues and provide workable solutions.
Please note that occasional business travel to other London centres and/or to Birmingham and Manchester may be required.
Contract Hours 37.50