Assistant Grants Manager
Department Computer Science
Category Grants and Contracts
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Department of Computer Science is seeking an Assistant Grants Manager to handle pre-award (proposal submission) and post-award management (monitoring and projecting expenditures) of sponsored research projects. The successful candidate will handle many other tasks such as approving Concur travel and expense reports, processing and approving journals, approving non-PO payments, working with the graduate administrator to assign chartstrings for graduate students and other duties as assigned. This individual will work under the supervision of the Grants Manager.
- Proposal preparation under the direction of the grants manager using COEUS system.
- Review solicitations for guidelines and restrictions or other special provisions, i.e.: cost sharing, indirect cost limits and budget limitations.
- Prepare proposal documentation, updates current and pending support for PI and co-PIs., prepares detailed line item budget , corresponding budget justification, facilities description, collect and format CV’s, request letters of support (as needed) for PI’s and outside collaborators, subaward commitment forms-as needed.
- Collate all pending proposal materials and maintains files.
- Upload all proposal documents into government and non- government sponsor websites for submission. Fastlane, Grants.gov. and various foundation portals.
- Communicate with ORPA, PI’s, outside PI’s and other institutional administrators, governmental and non-governmental administrators.
- Upon notice of award, documents and terms are reviewed for difference in proposed and actual award.
- Communicate with subcontract and collaborating institutions on award initiation.
- Prepare and submits subaward initiation forms.
- Responsible for monthly grant account reconciliation for accuracy and compliance.
- Monitor monthly spending and make necessary changes. Create and maintain financial records.
- Update and maintain spending plans for faculty.
- Monitor and adjust plans by updating monthly and incorporating new awards, students and research staff support into individual faculty spreadsheets in consultation with managers.
- Assist with all aspects of journal entries including for cost transfers, standard journals, and correction journals.
- Assist with internal audits.
Other Financial and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Labor accounting entries and updates.
- Work closely with a group of faculty on reimbursements, conference and meeting planning and special projects as needed.
- Travel reconciliation in Concur.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of demonstrated grant administration experience
- Demonstrated experience with grant accounting
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Great accuracy and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work with confidential materials
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience and fluency in Microsoft Office applications
Experience with NIH Pre award and Post award management
The Assistant Grants Manager must be very detailed oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral as well as written. The selected individual will have proven competence in budget and financial management, the ability to work independently, possess strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.