Administrative Assistant to VP Capital Projects and Director, Organizational Effectiveness
Department Office of Capital Projects
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Capital Projects within the Facilities Organization, the Administrative Assistant will play an essential role within the Office of the Vice President for Facilities.
The Office for Capital Projects is a division within Facilities that establishes the strategic and integrated approaches to developing academic, administrative, and campus life facilities as the University embarks on a multi-year program of major construction and renovation projects, as well as real estate development in this area. In collaboration with the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Facilities, the incumbent will also provide administrative support services to the Director of Organizational Effectiveness & Communications.
The successful candidate must embody core values essential to the Facilities organization including excellent customer service, resourcefulness, dependability, and approachability, while exercising the utmost discretion. The position will require strong organizational, communication, customer service, and process management skills to help shape this dynamic department responsible for executing the Capital Plan.
General Office Administration
- Provide reception responsibilities for the office while creating a welcoming atmosphere and providing helpful information and guidance to phone, mail, email, and in person inquiries. Exercise sophisticated phone etiquette, exceptional written correspondence, and maintain a professional demeanor in all circumstances while representing the Office of Vice President for Facilities and the Office for Capital Projects. Must exercise excellent judgement and discretion at all times.
- Manage the complex calendar for the AVP, setting internal prep meetings and debriefs. Draft and circulate agendas, take meeting minutes when necessary, and implement systematic follow-ups to be sure all tasks are completed thoroughly and in coordination with other Facilities departments and with campus partners.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the AVP and Director, completing all expense reports using concur and processing reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Develop and/or maintain administrative and project filing systems for the AVP, project files, and general administrative files. Maintain various template files and guidance documents to assist in the overall accomplishment of OCP goals. Verify consistent use and implementation of filing systems.
- Organize and manage a diverse range of events varying in scale including recurring meetings; senior staff meetings; department meetings; facilities related training sessions; new employee orientation and campus tours; sexual harassment prevention training, etc.
- Manage all aspects of events including venue selection, enlist outside facilitators, coordinate catering services and media services support, compile and distribute materials, prepare meeting summaries, write and circulate minutes, etc.
- Provide administrative and logistics support for the annual Facilities Recognition Awards Ceremony & Reception and the annual Facilities Appreciation Picnic. Serve as liaison and coordinator for Community and Regional Affairs efforts such as food drives and the United Way Campaign.
- Provide administrative support for the summer collegiate program coordinating all departments in Facilities to contribute to lunch ‘n learn sessions, campus field trips and tours, and general training programs.
Special Projects and Other Duties
- Maintain SharePoint sites for the Office for Capital Projects and for the Organizational Effectiveness & Communications team. Coordinate tasks with OCP Manager of Administrative Services.
- Serve as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Facilities, partnering in the day-to-day operation of the office.
- May represent OCP on Facilities or University wide committees.
- Will be assigned special projects as required to advance mission and goals of OCP, Facilities or the University.
- High school diploma and a minimum of seven years strongly related experience.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated technical skills including advanced work in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex data and information, and summarize in written reports.
- Highly organized, discerning and dependable.
- Demonstrated sophisticated interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to connect with all levels of staff, faculty, parents, students, and community members, when needed.
- Commitment to addressing issues fully, efficiently, and with transparency, while creating a positive experience for our customers and our team.
- Ability to adapt to the changing priorities and needs, while remaining flexible.
- Higher Education degree.
- Previous experience working in the higher education environment, the construction industry, or real estate development.
- Proficient in SharePoint and Concur.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.