Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The goal of this part-time position is to map the greenhouse gases (GHG)-emitting infrastructures and analyze the spatial and temporal changes of the associated emissions in the Los Angeles megacity in 2010s, especially during this COVID-19 lockdown period.
- Conduct a survey of the GHG emitting infrastructures in LA.
- Derive and summarize the bottom-up emissions for these GHG emitting infrastructures.
- Analyze and report the spatial and temporal changes of the associated emissions, especially during this COVID-19 lockdown period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background of environmental science or urban planning.
- Previous experience in using GIS software.
- Previous experience analyzing urban remote sensing data.
- Knowledge in spatial statistics and time series analysis using MATLAB program language is preferred.