Research Fellow - Urban & Environmental Studies University Research Centre
DEPARTMENT: XJTLU Urban & Environmental Studies University Research Centre
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Environmental Science, Water Resources, and Urban Planning
POSITION TITLE: Research Fellow
LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS
SALARY: Lecturer 3: 16,937 - 19,011 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 21,845 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: August 3, 2020
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: October 31, 2020
JOB ID: 996294
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-term contract, Full-time
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for all programmes. Formed in 2006, the first cohort of students graduated in August 2010. The University now has almost 15,000 students studying on campus. The language of instruction is English. XJTLU aims to become truly research-led, and has recently committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of PhD student numbers on campus.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). Suzhou has been ranked the 74th most liveable city in the 2018 Global Liveability Index. Additionally, it is well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China. SIP is a major growth zone, including operations run by nearly one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has a higher GDP per capita than the UK. The broader Suzhou area encompasses the spirit of both old and new in China, with the historic old town’s canals, UNESCO World Heritage Site gardens, and the I.M. Pei-designed Suzhou Museum attracting millions of tourists annually. SIP offers an excellent quality of life with high environmental standards. The nearby Jinji Lake provides attractive views, by day and by night, and there is a variety of shopping facilities, international and local restaurants, entertainment hubs and nightlife. Suzhou is also home to four international schools.
Urban & Environmental Studies University Research Centre (UES) aims to become an internationally significant research centre investigating development and urbanization at the local level in China by focusing on environmental, economic, social, demographic and health changes. Integrating the interdisciplinary and international research capacity and scientific platform at XJTLU, and studying China's experience of urban development and changes, UES explores paradigms for more smart, sustainable and high-quality development. It works closely with the public sector, consolidating support for research and overarching scientific benefits to society.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The UES Research Centre seeks to appoint a research associate in the above relevant fields. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the research activities and centre development. He or she will bring together research experience and skills to advance the research profile and strengthen collaborations with government, industry and institutions.
Job duties include:
- Designing and drafting proposals for research projects for external funding at local, provincial, national and international levels
- Implementing research plans and ensuring contingencies and problem-solving, collecting data and analysing desk-top researches, field studies and laboratory experiments;
- Preparing publications, papers, manuscripts, patents and other research outputs;
- Managing data and confidential research documents and materials;
- Coordinating research activities with collaborators and team members, and obtaining government supports;
- Engaging in research reporting, dissemination and exchange；
- Conducting other works assigned by the Director.
- Above position open to Chinese nationals only.
- Doctor degree, major in Environmental Science, Urban and Environmental Planning, GIS, Water Resources, Ecology, Hydrology or related fields;
- Familiarity with water system planning, water resource management, river and lake pollution control, or water ecosystem restoration could be considered as an asset;
- Strong ability in scientific research and policy research, and experience of independent research is preferred;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and good interpersonal skills;
- Strong work commitment and ability to work under pressure, good time management and multi-task management;
- Fluent in communicating and reporting in English and Chinese, high level report and paper writing skills are preferred.
- Independent scientific research capability and innovation conscious
- Well ability of organizing and coordinating as well as team collaboration
- Working experience in research institutions, with government/enterprises, or in international working environment could be considered as an asset.
- A track record of publications or successful research funding in relevant fields is desirable.
Please submit your applications online, https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above. Informal enquiries about the positions and the department may be addressed to Head/Dean of Department, you could find the information from our job application webpage.
Informal enquiries please contact the Human Resource Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Apply for Research Fellow - Urban & Environmental Studies University Research Centre
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly