Clinical Registered Nurse
Reporting to the Director of Neurology Outpatient Clinics and in collaborations with Departmental leadership, this RN position will support the Neurology clinical faculty at the Lawrence and Memorial Outpatient Clinic under a best-practices medical nursing model ensuring the highest standards of clinical care.
Work will be performed at 800 Boston Post Road, Building 3 Guilford, CT.
- Performs physical assessments of patients, including triage duties and advises on treatment or course of action by having a thorough knowledge of nursing care standards and principles.
- Identifies and evaluates nursing services problems and develops and implements appropriate programs and services, including assessing staffing needs and arranging coverage as needed.
- Develops, implements, and manages nursing care plans in collaboration with physicians.
- Instructs patients and families in proper treatment and advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Provides leadership, guidance, direction to clinical staff, and collaborates with nursing at all levels.
- Determines standards for quality assurance and infection control procedures; trains staff in universal and isolation precautions in the area of infection control.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures in collaboration with physicians.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and nursing services.
- Records patients’ medical histories and symptoms, performs diagnostic tests and analyzes results, operates medical machinery, administers treatment and medications, and coordinates with patient follow-up and rehabilitation; assures all procedures for maintaining patient confidentiality are maintained per HIPAA guidelines.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Two years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with departmental leadership, faculty and staff on practice issues. Proven ability to take initiative and function independently in a multi-disciplinary clinic. Demonstrated training and clinical skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to work independently under pressure and to respond to multiple requests and deadlines in a fast-paced clinical environment.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Skilled in the use of EMRs and related technologies.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to adapt communication style to address various individuals within the organization. Proven record of reliability and commitment to organizational success.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Well-developed decision-making, planning, organizational, and problem-resolution skills while working in a complex clinical environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience in Neurology disciplines.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut or Connecticut license eligible. Current CPR certification.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus